Saturday, June 7, 2008

Traveling Through La La Land

Robbie got his ventilator out today. They told him to be quiet until his voice is stronger, but he's having a lot of trouble doing so....

Here are some Robbie quotes...

"Rachael, you don't understand, you have to help me, I'm LAYING on a PERSON." - while holding my hand and looking seriously into my eyes.

"When am i going back to my room?" - Rob
"You are in your room, look, you see that poster, that means you're in your room." - Rache
"No, this isn't my room. I don't share my room with three people." - Rob
"Where are these three people?" - Rache
"Two of them are in the closet." - Rob

"Wow, big room." - Rob
"Yeah." - Mandy
"One bed...." - Rob
"Yeah." - Mandy
"...Three people." - Rob

"I wish those dogs would stop barking, they kept me up all night." - Rob
"Yeah, they kept me up too, It's so annoying." - Rache
(Rache's mom hits her.)
"Mom, they just broke a window! Go fix it!" - Rob

On a serious note, this was a really hard day for me, in addition to all of the funny stuff Robbie was saying, he made me feel terrible. Apparently, I'm the one he's mad at, and the one that has to fix things for him. He had me about 2 inches from his face, holding his hand, and looking at me so seriously, saying things like....

"You have to help me, get me out of here. You don't get it, they are trying to kill me, they are starving me to death, they haven't fed me the entire time I've been in here, and I hurt and they won't do anything about it. I want to be moved to the Lake tonight and you have to do it. If you love me, you'll take care of me, and get me moved right now."

I really want to help me, but right now helping him is calming him down and reassuring him that he's exactly where he needs to be. This is the best hospital for his injuries.....

No comments: