Monday, June 9, 2008

Bad news

So we woke up this morning, and Robbie was on the ventilator again. That really sucks. Apparently he just wasn't breathing very well and needed it over the night. They said that maybe some of his confusion yesterday was related to a lack of oxygen. I hope so. I had a hard time sleeping because I was so worried about him. I can't stand him thinking that I'm not taking care of him and making sure that no one is hurting him.

They also said that Rob has a mild case of pneumonia and are giving him a lot of antibiotics. He's been asleep most of the day. He doesn't do very well on the ventilator, he will never stay calm, and they have to keep him tied down to the bed so that he won't pull it out. That can't be very comfortable. I don't think i mentioned this before, but Robbie pulled one of the tubes out of his lung one day... it wasn't that big of a deal, they were about to take it out anyway, but I'm really afraid of him hurting himself. Sometimes he gets really mad and confused and tried to get up and flail his already tied down arms and such. Once i had to hold his arm from his face with both hands while screaming for a nurse. Just because he's hurt and sleeping most of the time doesn't mean that that boy isn't hella strong.

Don't underestimate my brother.

No comments: