Sunday, June 29, 2008

L-A-M-O is my name - o

Wow. I haven't updated. Figures.

Robbie is doing better. He got his trach removed today. It will take a while to heal, but at least he doesn't have a gaping hole in his neck anymore. He did have an infection, but they've been giving him mega antibiotics, and he seems to be over it now. The doctors thing he will be going to rehab on Tuesday. Just pray that he doesn't get sick again. I'm ready for him to be in rehab - I keep hoping that I will be able to study for the bar exam more easily once he is out of the hospital.

On the other hand, Robbie getting out of the hospital and going to rehab makes me more and more scared and apprehensive about what my family is going to do. We obviously have to move. Everything used to be falling together nicely on the building a house plan - but since someone started a nasty rumor around town, things have been kinda hard. Someone told my little sister that they heard that no one cared about Robbie and my dad just wanted to make some money so they weren't going to support anything we did. I pretty sure anyone who actually knows my family realizes that is the farthest thing from true. It really hurt my dad to hear that someone said that about him. He's been really hurting over this whole situation anyway. My dad is pretty much the greatest guy i know. I've seen him give his last 5 dollars to someone he thought needed it more than he did too many times to count. I really want to be like him when i finally grow up.... (when does that happen anyway? I'm already 25!).

Things are sucking royally on the bar exam front. I haven't studied in a couple weeks and i'm getting so far behind, I don't know if i will be able to catch up. I created a study corner in Daniel's room and am hoping that will help me concentrate.

Tonight I have to get the study area completed, look at plane tickets and hotel rooms, and look for a 5k with better timing than the one i was planning on running.
Tomorrow I have to:
find a lamp somewhere (Good Sam??)
go running
ortho appt
STUDY for at least 4 hours
go see Robbie in Columbia
check on my school loans
make some phone calls while driving

1 comment:

AGUecker said...

That's a very short list.