Friday, June 6, 2008

Surgery....Finallyl

Some of the nurses here are jerk faces. The nurse tonight came out and talked to us and asked that only immediate family visit Robbie until after his surgery. My dad said, "I have a lot of kids, they'll all be up here, so any kids that are here are mine." I guess that covers all of Robbie's friends as immediate family, right?

But the visiting has slowed down a lot since the nurse proclaimer of her superiority to my parents wishes. I'm pretty sure the only reason she complained is because most of the visitors are 18-22. But they've been pretty quiet and respectful and they're definitely not hurting Robbie at all. Mandy (Robbie's long-term girlfriend) and Ryan (a friend) have been staying at the hospital with my mom and I. Marisa (Christa's sister... and Robbie's friend) has also been staying in Columbia. She comes over to the hospital everyday to visit. I like having her around, because I know her more I guess.

Robbie's surgery was originally supposed to be on Tuesday (3rd) but it got postponed because he now has tubes coming out of both of his lungs. It looks pretty gross because gunky blood and stuff drains from them. But they said it would make his lungs work better to get them cleaned out. The surgery actually happened on Friday (6th). The doctor said the surgery would take between 6 and 12 hours, but it was finished after only about 4. They said that everything went smoothly and as expected. And they're hoping to have the ventilator out tomorrow, then Robbie will be able to start talking and being awake instead of sedated all day.

Mom and I went and got him some balloons from the gift shop, one of them says "This balloon will keep you busy until you are better..(Turn Over)," and says the same thing on the other side. I thought it was kinda funny and much more Robbie-ish than the ones that say "Get Well Soon" and "God Bless You" and have flowers and girly things on them.

Robbie's poster is getting messages all over it. It's cute, although i'm very unhappy with the performance of those Crayola Markers. Some of them were running out before the poster was even finished. I thought about returning them and saying that they weren't even one time use quality. Maybe i should call Crayola and complain....or maybe they have a website where i can do it.....

Still no bar exam studying.....

No comments: