Friday, August 1, 2008

One Bar Exam Down: ?? More to Go

Apparently there is considerable drama surrounding the earthquake's effect on the bar exam.

My experience: Me - flipping out, Moderator - gets up to the microphone while it's still going on and says, "Stay calm, and keep working on your exam!" Personally, i wanted to jump under the table, and i don't think it was fair of the moderator to subject me that kind of danger when there easily could have been more damage than just the one ceiling tile that fell in the room I was in.

Room next door to mine: Everyone screamed, and jumped under the table (some of them with their laptops so they could continue working), and they stayed there for a couple of minutes before returning to their exam. They were granted 5 extra minutes to work on their exam.

Other people closer to the epicenter: It seems as though no one else was granted extra time and they are very pissed about it. I read all this stuff online about people filing formal complaints with the State Bar and all sorts of crap because they don't think it's fair that some people got extra time.

They should just get over themselves and stop worrying about it. Seriously. It's not that big of a deal, I finished five minutes early on everything. An extra five minutes SHOULD NOT be the difference between someone passing and failing.

------

It's over! That's all i care about. I woke up in a sweat this morning, thinking I was late and that i needed to study. I hope i get over that soon. There's no reason for me to be freaking out. I'm waiting for that since of peace and release that should be coming.....

1 comment:

AGUecker said...

Thanks for putting more info about what happens when there's an earthquake during the bar...I've been wondering all week.

I hope it went well.