Sunday, August 10, 2008

Full Disclosure

In the interests of full disclosure, here's a shout out to Jessica T., I hope to see a lot more of you around Jessica!
----
If you understand this raffle you can ignore this entire section, but for those of you who don't live in Richland, MO or don't talk to me on a daily basis here's the DL:
There is a donation raffle going on for a Chevy truck to be given away in early December. A donation to the My Brother Fund in the amount of $10 will give one a chance to receive said truck from the dealership. This money is being used for remodeling expenses, buying a wheelchair that will actually fit in the trunk of a car... I had a big mess trying to take him somewhere the other day... and stuff like that. Maybe even for a trip to Germany for some stem cell treatment someday. Bub has become really interested in stem cell research as of late, it's really something that could help him in the future.

Anyway, ticket sales are only going so-so right now, but it's starting to pick up. Anyone who is interested can donate in town or can contact me or send me anything they wish. I don't really like to be involved in the goings on of this thing, but it's the least I can do to make sure people know about it and how to get tickets if they desire.
-----
In other updates, Robbie seems to be doing okay in the handicap accessible apartment with Mandy for now. He goes back to rehab for the month of September. We still don't think that the apartment is going to be a long term solution, and are working on plans for a house. My dad put a bid in on a house in Crocker, and we will know on Thursday whether or not we are getting it.

I took Rob and Mandy to Walmart the other day. After the third stop Mandy and I figured out how to get the wheelchair into the trunk and actually close the trunk. It wasn't that much of a problem until we tried to get it out.... which was virtually impossible. It was a good learning experience though, Robbie needs a large vehicle. Also it was hard b/c my doors don't open wide enough to allow him to get in and out of the vehicle on his own, so someone has to life him.... and that boy is heavy! I mean he looks like a twig, but even a twig at his height weighs over 150 lbs and am not a bodybuilder!
-----
I'm really excited to move.
----
I had a good talk with BJ today. Really made me feel better about a lot of things and cleared away some random tension between us. Things are getting so much better with a lot of friends that I've been out of touch with for a while. I really like it.
---
I sold my BarBri books on eBay, so now I can afford my cell phone bill. The cell phones will remain on another month:-)

No comments: